Dark circles under eyes (Dark eye circles) caused by lack of sleep, fatigue, genetics, poor circulation of blood, hyperpigmentation (higher than average amounts of melanin, the substanse that your skin its pigment), or illness. You can get dark circles as early as your twenties; at that age, it's usually hereditary. Dark circles under eyes may also be due to accumulation of toxins under the thin skin (possibly from excess alchohol,cigarettes,or coffee).
- Dark circles (black circles) are often caused due to sleeplessness or disturbed sleep. If you prevent developing dark circles, you need to first catch up on your sleep.
- Do not drinking an excess of beverages that contain caffeine.
- Do not leave cream on the skin around the eyes before going to bed.
- Increase your daily intake of water to minimum 8 to 10 glasses.
Dark circle under eyes remedies
- Wash the face, then apply a skin tightening moisturizer around the eyes.
- Massage a few drops of coconut oil around the eyes to get rid off dark circles.
- Place cotton wool swabs dipped in cold milk on closed eyes for removing dark circles.
- Massaging eyes with almond oil is of great help. Massage at bed time daily, and in two weeks you will see the difference.
- To reduce puffiness of your eyes, grate a potato and almond paste. Use the mixture regularly on the under-eyes to get rid of dark circles and puffiness.
- Place two thin cucumber slices or potato slices on each side of the eyes and rest for 15 minutes.
- Apply mint juice around the eyes.
- Dip a cotton ball or pad in a mixture of cucumber and potato juices and apply it your lids for five to ten minutes.
- place two thin slices of potato on top of closed eyes for 10 minutes and relax.
- Getting enough sleep at least 7-8 hours a day, can fade out dark circles.
- Under eye puffiness:
- To reduce under-eye puffiness, be sure get sufficient rest and try applying cool compresses (cucumber slices or damp lemon or chamomile tea bags) for several minutes.
- Puffiness may be due to pads of fat beneath the eyes. In that case, surgical removal of the fat can help.
- If you have allergies that contribute to puffiness and redness, take your medication regularly.
Treatment for removing dark circles under eyes
- Dark circles are easiest to hide with a concealer. But if your dark circles are severe, you might want to "erase" them permanently with one of several dermatologist-performed treatments.
- If circles are prominent, apply an eye cream containing moisturisers, alphahydroxy acids, or
vitamin A to exfoliate and tighten under eye skin.
- Using a special type of collagen and a very fine needle, places collagen between the skin and the muscle, thereby hiding the circles.
- Try to lighten the darkened skin with a bleaching agent such as hydroquinone. Ask your dermetalogist for a recommendation. The bleaching agent should be applied twice a day for three months. Caution: Be careful not to get the product in your eyes.
- Severe, persistent dark circles can also be treated with facial peels (glycolic acid, amino fruit acid, microdermabrasion); consult a dermatologist.