You can improve your looks at any age. Equipped with useful tips, a careful diet and regular exercise, you can make your face glow with health, beauty, and vitality; without having to ' resort to camouflage techniques. Face care varies with skin type. Here are some useful tips.
- Dry skin needs hydrating and moisturizing treatment.
- Oily skin needs cleansing and freshening.
- Patchy skin needs smoothening and lightening treatment.
- Change in season requires a change in the skin care routine.
- To keep the skin glowing, drink at least 12-15 glasses of water per day.
- Your diet should be rich in raw vegetables and fresh fruits. These hydrate your skin.
- Protect yourself from the harshness of the sun. This is the main cause of skin discolouration, pigmentation and wrinkles.
- Exercise regularly: even a good walking routine will suffice.
- Exercise facial muscles regularly. Rotate your neck slowly, side to side, and loosen the facial muscles.
- Laugh loudly, it helps to exercise the facial muscles.
- Wash your face several times a day.
- Steam your face once a week to clean up clogged pores. After steaming, rub your face, forehead and neck vigorously to exfoliate the skin.
- Take Vitamin E for shadows and scars. But consult a doctor first.
- Once a fortnight go in for an elaborate cleansing and moisturizing treatment by using any of the fruits and vegetables mentioned. The type and the nature of the treatment depends upon your skin type.
- "Feed" your skin. It requires nourishment too.
- Whenever you apply a lotion or cream or moisturizer, use gentle, swift, featherlike upward strokes. Do not use downward strokes or pull your facial muscles downward, else they will start sagging.
- Whenever you dry your face, always pat it dry. Do not rub, scrub or pull your skin.
- Avoid rapid or excessive weight loss.
- Ensure a good night's sleep. It rests and nourishes your skin.
- A diet rich in Vitamin A prevents a patchy, dry or rough skin. It is also good for people who have acne and pimples.
- Vitamin B prevents spots on the face.
- Strawberries are an instant cure for dry skin. Take a few strawberries, puree them. Add to this half cup milk and a tablespoon of glycerine. Shake well, pour in a jar and store in the refrigerator. Use this whenever the skin appears to be dry and taut. Apply on face, leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse. The skin is as soft like that of a baby.
- Your face is the most expressive, noticeable and also the most delicate part of the body. Normal facial expressions like frowning, raising of the eyebrows, wrinkling of the forehead, all this evenŽtually lead to wrinkles. So make a facial massage as a regular routine to combat wrinkling.
- Use a moisturizer after exfoliation. It helps to reseal the skin and protects it form over drying.
- Prolonged use of alcohol based perfumes and deodorants can cause brown patches and dryness.
- Avoid going out in the direct sun when using a perfume. Spray onto clothes instead of directly on the skin.